Kinect Forums

• Forums
  • : Kinect Gaming
  • : Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (GRFS)

Topic: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (GRFS)

#1 2011-06-15 18:41:14

Coveycomz
Coveycomz

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (GRFS)

So........Anyone else hyped up about this game & looking forward to it's launch next year (March 2012) the latest trailer released by Ubisoft looks great showing the Kinect-ivity within the game with voice commands to create your weapon and finger bursts to fire it....awesome! Just hoping the sensor can perform lag-free, this is certainly a game I'll be watching & waiting for news of...Anyone else?

#2 2011-06-15 21:15:34

ifell41
ifell41

Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (GRFS)

I'll definately be checking out the review when its out. But I dont expect myself to prefer playing this one over MW3/BF3. I seriously wonder how they arranged the movement of your character in the playing field without a manual controller.

#3 2011-06-16 09:02:05

James
Administrator
James

My understanding of it so far is that you can test out your gun using Kinect, but on the battlefield you use voice commands rather than physical gestures, so you'll still need a pad to tackle the opposing armies. I could be wrong, but that's my impression.

#4 2011-06-16 21:40:35

dirtyvu
dirtyvu

looks great, but it's so far away.

#5 2011-06-16 23:52:21

Coveycomz
Coveycomz

Yep it's certainly far away but certainly one to look forward too, I like to see some form of physical integration within the gameplay if it's possible maybe a grenade gesture & hand signals to call up your AI within the campaign, I'm guessing it would need to be an on-rails experience to utilise the finger burst & aim whilst your character was moved through the action...this will never replace the likes of MW or BF but certainly looks like a great spin on them with kinect-ivity...time will tell I guess, so any other similar games that I should keep an eye for in the meantime with a sooner release date?

#6 Yesterday 06:46:26

Kinectronic
Kinectronic

I REALLY want this to work. I'm not a massive fan of this sort of game, but I have played my fair share of Battlefield and Call of Duty over the years.

Gunsmith looked nice, but is ultimately frivolous and probably won't be used that much.

If the voice commands work as they should, and the game is up to the usual standard of the Ghost Recon series, this could be fantastic. smile

• Forums
  • : Kinect Gaming
  • : Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (GRFS)

Board footer