• Forums
  • : Kinect Gaming
  • : UFC personal trainer

Topic: UFC personal trainer

#1 2011-06-14 08:24:30

ifell41
ifell41

UFC personal trainer

Just another gimmicky fitness game, or does it actually bring more to the table than just "moving around a lot"..?

I've seen a lot of fighters & trainers lending their faces & time to this new game, but obviously their opinion is somewhat influenced by Dana breathing down their financial necks:-)

I think I will get it, mostly because I really hope this will finally make me use my Kinect, secondly because I allready work out a lot, and this might give me some new ideas.

And thirdly because I am a huge UFC fan, and dont mind to finally spend some money on it;-)

Anybody else planning on buying this one?

Or any specific reasons you are passing on it?

Last edited by ifell41 (2011-06-14 08:25:06)

#2 2011-06-14 09:13:10

_jans_
_jans_

Re: UFC personal trainer

This is the only game i have been preordered ever (and the cod games).
I love my kinect, mainly for fitnessreasons. The achievements keeps my motivation up. Finished Your Shape and Dance Central and i love to use the kinect as cardio training, Because i hate running and all that kind of stuff. I hit the gym 5 times a week so i´m not out of shape but i´m just lifting weights there. kinect is the only thing i use for cardio, almost.

So i´m looking forward to this really much. Your shape boxing classes was the most fun in that game... this is a whole game based on... well not boxing but MMA and fighting. I really think and believes in that this will be one hell of a workout and a great game!

I have looked at the achievements as well... train every day for 100 days tongue You will probably look like an ufc after this haha

Xbox live: Je Jans

#3 2011-06-14 09:54:35

ifell41
ifell41

Good to read that using this (kinect)as a "keeping fit" tool has worked for you; so thats one aspect of the game/program that will most likely work for sure then.

I wonder if they also spend some of the exercises on getting more flexible. Cause really, I used to be able to touch my toes to my head as a kid; now I am happy to be able to clip my toenails without going into cramps.

And training for a 100 days straight? I am sure I would have gotten this one with MW2; but I am not so sure if I want to clear out the "kinect floorspace" every day.
(Has got nothing to do with being a lazy soab every once in a while offcourse:-)

Where can you find a list of achievements to this game? Maybe got a link?(if links are allowed here, I don't know for sure)

edit; here it is

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game … ievements/

Last edited by ifell41 (2011-06-15 09:05:59)

#4 2011-06-15 10:55:47

Kinectronic
Kinectronic

I'm waiting intently for this one. I loved Your Shape, but the fact that it wouldn't plan a varied workout schedule for you stopped me from playing it.

I know nothing about fitness. I want the game to ask me how long I want it to plan my schedule for, give me a fitness test to work out my level, and then schedule a full programme of workouts. EA Sports Active 2 did this, but had real issues when it came to recognizing your movements.

I'll be all over UFC Personal Trainer on day one...as wrong as that sounds! smile

#5 2011-06-15 21:13:02

ifell41
ifell41

Ah well, the guys in the octagon are all over each other too most of the time; and sometimes it even looks wrong....;-)

#6 Yesterday 06:35:34

Kinectronic
Kinectronic

ifell41 wrote:

Ah well, the guys in the octagon are all over each other too most of the time; and sometimes it even looks wrong....;-)

I have to say, I wouldn't like to tell them that. Not unless I was standing a few hundred miles away at the time smile

• Forums
  • : Kinect Gaming
  • : UFC personal trainer

Board footer