• : Xbox 360 Gaming
  • : How many Xboxes have you had?

Topic: How many Xboxes have you had?

#1 2010-12-01 10:11:34

James Newton
Administrator
James

How many Xboxes have you had?

We all know that the 360 probably isn't the most reliable console ever, so how many units have you gone through in what amount of time?

My first machine, a 20GB, was great for 18 months after which I traded it in for a 60GB machine. This had weird graphical glitches like massive polygons sticking out of Lara Croft's knees, so I took it back and got a replacement on the same day. When I switched this second machine on, it made a noise like a jet engine - something I'm sure many of you have experienced! - so I had another machine. Touch wood that one's been fine in the 16 months I've had it.

My total machines: 4, in 2 years.

Your turn!

#2 2010-12-01 10:31:31

ArtificialIdiot
ArtificialIdiot

Re: How many Xboxes have you had?

I consider myself quite lucky for only having two over the four years I've owned a 360. Although, now I've said that I'm just tempting me current Xbox to explode aren't I?

I actually thought I was going to escape having to replace mine at all. My first Xbox lasted a good couple of years without anything happening to it, it'd outlasted pretty much everyone else's I knew and I thought I was in the clear. Then I bought Lego Batman and the first time I tried to put the disc in it red ringed on me. I was lucky as it fell within the extended warranty, and I got another one back from Microsoft fairly quickly. Unfortunately it arrived the night before I was heading away for a week on holiday and my family had just decided to hide it in my room instead of telling me it was back. So I ended up spending the night before I went engrossed in Lego Batman instead of packing. lol

#3 2010-12-01 11:28:07

sykotek
sykotek

I've had 3 since 120GB Elites were introduced.  None have died on me...
Forget knocking on wood *Karate chops a wooden TV dinner table, Hai-YA!*

My first Elite was standard black, I didn't start playing with it until Halo 3 was released.  It never RRoD'd on me, but intermittently when it was awoken from its sleep, it would start with an E74 error.  I deleted my account from it and traded it in for...

My second Elite, the Resident Evil red.  It has served me very well, very quiet in comparison to the black Elite.  I traded in Resident Evil when I bought it (not a fan).  Only issue I had with it was the dashboard loading content slowly after the update, could be I have too much content though.  I deleted my account and I gave it to my brother after getting...

My third Elite, the Halo Reach silver, S-type.  So far, so good.  Again, much quieter than my red Elite, only issue is content loads slow on dashboard, its probably because I have a ton of downloaded games and almost all the Rock Band songs.  I like the sounds it makes when turning it on or ejecting a disc.  The built in wireless is very nice too.

TL;DR - From 9/25/07 to 12/1/10, 3 Elites, 0 RRoD, 2 broken wooden tables, 1 broken hand.

#4 2010-12-01 16:28:10

Gizmo2k
Gizmo2k

I've had 9, looking at the xbox.com site that lists the serial numbers I've connected to Live with with my gamertag.

I still have 4 of them here though, all working. 250GB Slim as the 'main' one in here, a 4GB Slim in the living room for Kinect, an old 60GB fatty in here and a 20GB 'Arcade' in the bedroom for media streaming.

The other 5 all died a horrible death, all RROD. Longest was my Elite before I traded it in for the Slim, it lasted almost a year, and who knows, maybe it's still going now.  Shortest was 'Premium' console; first one lasted 18mths, then a few didn't see their own first birthday.

If my PS3 died, I wouldn't replace it, had it since they were released (the 60GB model). Has more dust on it than my wife's guitar. No, that's not a euphemism.

#5 2010-12-01 19:03:03

Magi
Zombie Slayer
Magi

Just 1.  I got it when Circuit City starting going out of business here in the States, whenever that was.

Wii:
Xbox: Ma9i
"When dealing with aliens, try to be polite, but firm. And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet." -D9

#6 2010-12-01 20:47:22

Mickeymac
BiggusMickus Returns
Mickeymac

2. One got replaced when the USB thing broke.

Official Member of NL's Atlus Fan Club.
My Backloggery

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”

#7 2011-04-29 02:51:29

slapshot82
Slapshot

Today makes console #4! smile

Movemodo Staff
Nintendo Life Staff
3DS FC:
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

#8 2011-05-09 11:07:56

Kinectronic
Kinectronic

I've had three. Got the first on launch day, and it finally RROD'ed 3 years later. Replaced it, and then MS sent me a 250Gb 360 S for review and got rid of the old one. smile

#9 2011-05-09 14:03:18

TyGer
TyGer

My brother bought one of the old 360s, I'm not sure which one it was, but he had it for 6 years before it Red Ringed.
Then he bought a 4gb slim and gave me his old one,
and I fixed it! smile

Everyone is changing their name!
3DS
Currently Playing:
3DS: PilotWings Resort.
DS: Pokemon White, Mega Man Zero Collection.
360: Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection.

#10 2011-05-09 14:18:38

James
Administrator
James

He did well having it for six years before it conked out, that may be a new world record!

Out of interest, how did you fix it? Not the old towel-in-the-airing-cupboard trick I hope!

#11 2011-05-09 15:07:35

TyGer
TyGer

No not the towel trick,
I used this guide.
http://jamesdean3redlightfix.com/#

Last edited by TyGer (2011-05-09 15:14:43)

Everyone is changing their name!
3DS
Currently Playing:
3DS: PilotWings Resort.
DS: Pokemon White, Mega Man Zero Collection.
360: Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection.

#12 2011-05-09 19:16:15

UberGames_Co_Za
UberGames_Co_Za

Lightning destroyed the 1st one and I currently have 2, 1 in the man cave and 1 in the living room. PS3 and Wii also live in the living room.

#13 2011-05-09 19:25:52

UberGames_Co_Za
UberGames_Co_Za

James wrote:

He did well having it for six years before it conked out, that may be a new world record!

Out of interest, how did you fix it? Not the old towel-in-the-airing-cupboard trick I hope!

A lot of guys here in SA just strip them apart and replace thermal paste on the heat sinks. Then build them into pc cases.

#14 2011-05-12 21:03:47

davahsa
davahsa

6-8.....currently have 4 working-3 of which I fixed.  2 have broken disc drives and do not play games....they are media center extenders. 1 of the fully functioning ones is from day 1 launch! It was repaired by Microsoft and I have replaced that DVD drive.  I reserved that 360 over the summer prior to launch.  All RROD'd except 1

Last edited by davahsa (2011-05-12 21:17:56)

peek

#15 2011-05-15 19:56:10

labrat7
labrat7

I have one original xbox and one xbox 360

It takes two to lie; one to lie and one to listen.
Dodongo Dislikes: The 3DS' High Pricing
A Winner Is: Everything Else 3DS

#16 2011-06-09 09:07:38

redserpent7
redserpent7

1 original/ 1 360... and haven't had any problems with the 360 whatsoever which I Kinda wish I had coz then me getting a Slim will be justified sad

#17 2011-06-14 07:36:41

RuneHawk6101
RuneHawk6101

1 with kinect

• Forums
  • : Xbox 360 Gaming
  • : How many Xboxes have you had?

Board footer