Kinect Forums

• Forums
  • » Kinect Gaming
  • » Kinect Games

Topic: Kinect Games

Lils_89
Lils_89

• Dec 01, 2010

Hey Peeps! Right I need some suggestions on what kinect Game should I get next ?? Something as good as Kinect Sports and Dance Central smile

Lils_89
Dazza
Dazza

• Dec 01, 2010

Hi Lils, welcome to the forums! :-)

You've got two of the best games there. I'm not sure if you like the idea of a virtual pet, but if you do then Kinectimals is a good option.

Have you considered a fitness game such as EA Sports, Your Shape, etc?

"The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!"
Operations Director
Nintendo Life | Push Square | KINECTaku

SagaciousTien
SagaciousTien

• Dec 20, 2010

Kinect Sports and Dance Central are definite highlights and Kinect Adventures is fun and surprisingly polished for a pack in title. I can personally recommend Kinectimals, especially if you have children or young people around to play and Your Shap: Fitness Evolved is fun and easy to play. Kinect Adventures comes with a few demos on the disk, and several more can be found in the Marketplace.

Loves Kinect.

abHS4L
abHS4L

• Dec 20, 2010

If you enjoy J-Pop and are pretty good at dancing, you might enjoy DanceMasters but yeah, the reviews are correct when it says how much harder it is than Dance Central. I'm an experienced dancer and so far I've only mastered 1 dance (I don't play it as often as Dance Central though).

I actually have Sonic Free Riders because I wanted something other than dancing and IGN gave it a 7.5/10 which is high for a Kinect game (seeing is how Dance Central and Kinect Sports both got 8/10). IGN seems to be one of the only gaming reviewers to rate it high and I'm happy I trusted it because I actually enjoy it considering the bad reviews it got from other sites, this one included. Still mastering it (not playing it much either, we have a space issue at my house and reorganizing the living room makes it inconvenient for anyone wanting to pass through) but it's definitely fun and does a good job of simulating a wave board racing game.

Those are the 3 games I have and right now I'm just waiting for the new games and if these two aren't for you, then I just recommend waiting also. I'm eager for Child of Eden and Dr. Kawashima's Body and Brain Exercise to come out.

abHS4L
DougMonroe
DougMonroe

• Dec 27, 2010

My three are Adventures (which I guess everyone has), Dance Central (for my wife, I swear!) and Kinect Sports.  My next game will be Your Shape and after that, I think I'll have to wait like abHS4L said.  Speaking of Kinect Sports, before you play volleyball, make sure you can't jump and reach your ceiling fan.

www.fwithpeople.com

abHS4L
abHS4L

• Dec 27, 2010

Don't be ashamed of Dance Central. The dances on there are more masculine than feminine. Dancemasters on the other hand is pretty effeminate. Lol about the Kinect Sports.

abHS4L
stormigrl
stormigrl

• Jan 01, 2011

I would totally go for Dance Central.

#1 lots of fun and you feel the burn the next day
#2 it has a work out mode when you click on "Perform it"
(actually counts Calories, that's kinda cool)

Doug Monroe: Your Shape is not the greatest. Word of advice get the ACTIVE one, worth the money: It comes with blood pressure monitor for your wrist  to help you in your work out.

Doug Monroe: Wife: I do not recommend Biggest Loser. The work outs are not the greatest for the beginner (if she's a beginner)
The leg work on Biggest loser is the OPPOSITE of the trainer's movements.

Which means if they have their LEFT leg in front and they SAY use your Right leg. It means: Use your RIGHT leg, but on the screen you'll see their LEFT leg, very confusing.

Disadvantage to Biggest Loser I found: No Muscle Burn soreness the next day. Not like Dance Central. I love Dance Central. Now I want them to come out with one for Country Line Dancing, and ZUMBA.
That would be a workout, then I could freaking rid the gym forever.

(Because with the Active, Dance Central you can incorporate weights in your routine)

If you feel the burn, than you are doing it right.
If not, you're doing it wrong.

Tasuki
Tasuki

• Apr 05, 2012

Well just got the Kinect special edition Star Wars Xbox and now I am needing some suggestions for Kinect games.  If you can please post your recommendations here.

My Backlog
Proud owner of a flare red 3DS

OMG Kevin Nash WTF? I thought he was dead?

SonOfStayPuft
SonOfStayPuft

• Apr 24, 2012

You NEED to get The Gunstringer! It is amazing, so responsive, and so much fun. I also highly recommend Child of Eden. Such a beautifully made, and addictive trippy little game. I'm shocked they haven't been suggested yet.

Currently Playing: SSX, Mass Effect 3, Prototype 2, Gears of War 3, Fez, The Gunstringer (second playthrough) & Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

• Forums
  • » Kinect Gaming
  • » Kinect Games

Board footer