Kinect Forums

• Forums
  • » Kinect Hardware Q&A
  • » Any Idea When the Star Wars Edition 360 Comes Out?

Topic: Any Idea When the Star Wars Edition 360 Comes Out?

Tasuki
Tasuki

• Sep 02, 2011

I put in a pre order for this on Amazon since it was first announced.  I was hoping to make it my sons Christmas gift since he is a huge Star Wars fan and has been asking for a Kinect.  Anyway Amazon change the date from 12/2011 to 12/2012.  I was wondering if this is true and if anyone else has heard any other sort of release date.

My Backlog
Proud owner of a flare red 3DS

OMG Kevin Nash WTF? I thought he was dead?

Magi
Magi

• Sep 02, 2011

The Star Wars game has been delayed, which has caused the console to be delayed into 2012. Here's the full story on the UK OXM site.

Video game trade list
Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, PS2, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"It's hard to soar with eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys." -Longfellow Deeds

James
James

• Sep 02, 2011

Yeah, it's delayed until next year. Sorry Tasuki, no Christmas present for him sad

Editor, Nintendo Life, Push Square and KINECTaku.

Tasuki
Tasuki

• Sep 02, 2011

:
:

Thanks for the info I wasnt sure if it was a glich by Amazon or what.  Makes sense though as this would be an awesome bundle for MS to release during the holiday rather than some other time throughout the year, so if they cant do it now might as well do it next year.

Guess I will just have to go with my second idea then a 3DS and the Zelda Skyword Sword bundle. Or maybe I just might go with a PS3.

My Backlog

dirtyvu
dirtyvu

• Sep 02, 2011

sucks that the Star Wars console got delayed because of the game getting delayed.  Microsoft should've included a voucher in the box for the Star Wars game and at least release the console which is what people really want.  They can even make Star Wars a downloadable title so there doesn't have to be shipping costs for a delayed game release.

Or better yet, throw in Dance Central (since people will be jumping to the sequel) as a replacement for Star Wars Kinect and give a download code for Star Wars when that game's ready.  They can't package Kinect Sports since Kinect Sports and Kinect Sports season 2 have different sports so there will still be people buying the original KS.  But how many people will buy DC when DC 2 is out?  I only see people who want the songs in DC1.

dirtyvu
Tasuki
Tasuki

• Dec 23, 2011

Well I got an email from Amazon today and it says that the Star Wars Kinect bundle is due out in June 2012.  Anyone know if that is an actual date or has this bundle been scraped?

My Backlog

James
James

• Dec 27, 2011

Date is made up - Microsoft just says 2012 at the moment.

Tasuki
Tasuki

• Apr 04, 2012

Well Amazon just shipped my Star Wars special edition Xbox and according to them I should get it by tomorrow.  Looks like my son will be having a great Easter.

It was released today so if any of you are interested I know that some of the local stores in my area Target, Gamestop, Costco etc are carrying it as well.

My Backlog

James
James

• Apr 05, 2012

Hope you and your son enjoy it Tasuki, I know it's been a long time coming smile

Tasuki
Tasuki

• Apr 05, 2012

:  Thanks I am sure we will.  I can't wait to see his face when he pushes the button on the Xbox and it starts "talking" like R2-D2 lol.

My Backlog

• Forums
  • » Kinect Hardware Q&A
  • » Any Idea When the Star Wars Edition 360 Comes Out?

Board footer